Short Term Disability
Our STD plan provides coverage for income lost when
employees are unable to work because of a nonoccupational
accident, illness, or pregnancy.
- Weekly benefits up to 70% of employee’s lost
- Waiting periods for accident and sickness ranging
from 1-30 days
- Maximum benefit duration that coordinates with our
LTD program; 13, 26 and 52 weeks available
- Recurrent disability variables
- Contributory, non-contributory, and voluntary options
The United Heritage policies support the belief that
disabled employees want to work, even if only part time or
in a reduced capacity.
- Our standard STD policy doesn’t require a period of
total disability for a claimant to qualify for benefits.
- Our STD and LTD policies work together to allow
claimants to return to work for up to one half of the
LTD elimination period without restarting it and
without having to start a new STD disability claim
should they be unable to sustain their return to work
If you would like information about the Group Short Term Life Product United Heritage offers, Contact Us or Locate an Agent in your area.