COVID-19 Preparations and Response
As the world continues to monitor and face the challenge of responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, the United Heritage Insurance family of companies, including United Heritage Life Insurance Company, United Heritage Property & Casualty Company, and Sublimity Insurance Company, have activated response plans as we take this situation very seriously. The health and safety of our customers, agents, employees and communities is our top priority.
HELPING OUR CUSTOMERS
We are designated an essential / critical business infrastructure as part of the financial services support for our communities. Our teams remain available to our customers and agents through our phone system, email, and client portals. Our websites, client portals, mobile apps, and underwriting tools are accessible 24/7 and we encourage the use of these tools as much as possible. We remain committed to uninterrupted operations and to deliver the service excellence you have come to expect and value. Rest assured that our insurance companies have the financial strength to weather times like these and support our customers in their time of need.
PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES
Our executive leadership is continuously monitoring developments and recommendations from the CDC as well as federal, state, and local health officials. We have established and taken measures at our family of companies for the health and safety of employees. As an essential business infrastructure, we remain open; however, we have modified our workforce and implemented several precautionary measures according to our response plan, to reduce the risk of COVID-19 community spread and "flatten the curve":
- All business travel has been curtailed unless deemed business critical with quarantine requirements upon return
- We have deployed our remote work capabilities and staggered work schedules to reduce workplace contact by 70% at any one time
- While in the office, we employ social distancing strategies, require face coverings, and restrict face to face meetings
- Access to our buildings is restricted and we have alternative procedures for deliveries
- Health and safety signage, hand sanitizers, and disinfectant wipes are posted throughout our buildings and employee desks
- Building cleaning crews frequently perform deep cleans in our facilities, with high traffic areas sanitized at least daily
- We have voluntarily extended through June 1 paid sick leave to employees unable to work because the employee is quarantined, caring for an individual subject to quarantine, experiencing symptoms and seeking a medical diagnosis, or caring for a child whose school or childcare provider is closed or unavailable
Our response plan establishes clear and specific steps and protocol that have been implemented. Further actions and protocol will be initiated, if necessary. We will continually monitor this evolving situation and allow for resiliency and adaptability to our plans based on the facts and circumstances.
We appreciate our customers, agents, employees and communities for all their efforts to stay healthy and safe. As we navigate these challenges, please know that from the United Heritage Insurance family of companies, we hope that your family, friends, businesses, and loved ones remain healthy and safe and are exercising increased healthy habits. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has many informative articles and tools regarding COVID-19 and healthy habits at CDC.gov.