COVID-19 Preparations and Response
As the world continues to monitor and face the challenge of responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, the United Heritage Insurance family of companies, including United Heritage Life Insurance Company, United Heritage Property & Casualty Company, and Sublimity Insurance Company, have been preparing and activating our response plans as we take this situation very seriously. The health and safety of our customers, agents, employees and communities is our top priority.
HELPING OUR CUSTOMERS
We are designated an essential / critical business infrastructure as part of the financial services support for our communities. Our teams remain available to our customers and agents through our phone system, email, and client portals. Our websites, client portals, mobile apps, and underwriting tools are accessible 24/7 and we encourage the use of these tools as much as possible. We remain committed to uninterrupted operations and to deliver the service excellence you have come to expect and value. Rest assured that our insurance companies have the financial strength to weather times like these and support our customers in their time of need.
PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES
Our executive leadership is continuously monitoring developments and recommendations from the CDC as well as federal, state, and local health officials. We have established and taken measures at our family of companies for the health and safety of employees. As an essential business infrastructure we remain open, however we have modified our workforce and implemented several precautionary measures according to our response plan, to reduce the risk of COVID-19 community spread and "flatten the curve":
- All business air travel has been curtailed through July and ground travel is limited to business critical trips only with quarantine requirements upon return
- We have deployed our remote work capabilities and staggered work schedules to reduce workplace contact by 75% at any one time
- While in the office, we employ social distancing strategies and restrict face to face meetings
- Access to our buildings is restricted and we have alternative procedures for deliveries
- Healthy habits posters, hand sanitizers, and disinfectant wipes are posted throughout our buildings and employee desks
- Building cleaning crews perform deep cleans each week in our facilities
Our response plan establishes clear and specific steps and protocol that have been implemented. Further actions and protocol will be initiated, if necessary. We will continually monitor this evolving situation and allow for resiliency and adaptability to our plans based on the facts and circumstances.
We appreciate our customers, agents, employees and communities for all their efforts to stay healthy and safe. As we navigate these challenges, please know that from the United Heritage Insurance family of companies, we hope that your family, friends, businesses, and loved ones remain healthy and safe and are exercising increased healthy habits. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has many informative articles and tools regarding COVID-19 and healthy habits at CDC.gov.