Last Updated: 01/2023
Protecting the Privacy of Your Personal Information
For financial information-related policies, our separate Financial Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, and share information related to providing financial services.
How and Why We Use Your Information
We collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process your personal information for various purposes, as described when you provide such personal information or including the following:
- Provide Services. To provide you our Websites, including creating and activating your account, facilitate and manage purchases, processing payments, underwrite and rate your policies and accounts, process your transactions and claims, service your accounts, and assess user interactions and concurrent transactions, including ad impressions to unique visitors, ad quality of ad impressions.
- Research and Development. We may develop new features and to create new products or improve existing ones, including using personal information for internal purposes related to certain research. This may include when you participate in surveys or research activities.
- Advertising. We may personalize your experience with us and our Websites by conducting advertising, such as contextual advertising.
- Marketing Messages. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about products or services you have purchased or used; provide you with promotional messages and personalized advertising; to notify you of other products; to notify you of contests, challenges, sweepstakes, and other promotions; to notify you of services we think may be of interest to you; and, for other marketing purposes.
- Customer Service. We may use your personal information to respond to your requests for technical support, online services, product information or to any other communication you initiate, including requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- Promotions. If you enter into a promotion, such as a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personal information to conduct the promotion, including publishing winners' lists.
- Security and Repairs. We may use personal information for security, such as to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal information, as well as detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity. We also may use personal information for debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
We may combine your personal information with data we obtain from our services, other users, or third parties. We reserve the right to convert, or permit others to convert, your personal information into deidentified, anonymized, or aggregated data, as permitted by law.
The Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We, or our vendors, may collect information directly from you such as when you register for and update an online account with us, make a payment, participate in our promotions, or participate in a survey, participate in a focus group, or provide your thoughts.
We, and our vendors, may also receive personal information from a variety of sources, including from external parties such as service providers, operating systems and platforms, data analytics providers, government entities, social networks, health care providers, and consumer reporting agencies.
Personal information that we collect may include the following:
- Contact information. Name, email address, phone number, address, zip code.
- Unique identifiers. This may include your username (and password), IP address, and Social Security Number.
- Customer records. This may include your birth date, signature, payment information, and insurance information.
- Personal characteristics or traits. This includes demographic data such as gender.
- Commercial Information. Records such as insurance policy coverage, premiums, claims, history, and payment history, such as your credit scores, credit history, and creditworthiness.
- Internet/Network Information, such as browsing history, search history, usage information, information regarding a consumer's interaction with the Websites.
With Whom United Heritage Shares Your Information and Why
We may disclose your personal information, as described above, to:
- Affiliates and Partners. We may disclose information we collect about you with our subsidiaries, members, parent, and affiliates worldwide.
- Co-Branded Services. From time to time we may enter into an arrangement with another company that is not owned by or affiliated with us to provide additional features on the Websites. These arrangements may include business partners, sponsors, and co-branded online services (referred to here as "co-branded services"). Any information, including personal information, that you provide on one of these co-branded services may be shared with these partners. By participating in activities or providing your information on these co-branded services, you consent to our providing your information to those partners. Separate privacy policies may apply to these partners’ uses of your personal information.
- Service Providers and Vendors. We may disclose personal information to vendors to provide, improve, and personalize the services. For example, vendors may include insurance agents or insurance support organizations, insurance rate advisory organizations, guaranty funds or agencies, reinsurers, ratings agencies, and our attorneys, auditors, and accountants. When we disclose personal information to vendors, where necessary we enter into a contract requiring the recipient to keep that personal information confidential and only use it as necessary to perform business purposes or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Our service providers may engage subcontractors to enable the service providers to perform services for us.
- Business Transactions. We may disclose your personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (e.g., further to a merger, reorganization, liquidation, bankruptcy, or any other business transaction), including negotiations of such transactions.
Access to Your Information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal information and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal information. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of personal information.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may be able to change your personal information through your account settings, if you have a registered account. Otherwise, you may also contact us as described below.
Third Party Hyperlinks
How You Can Find Out More
You may contact us at:United Heritage Life Insurance Company
P.O. Box 7777
Meridian, Idaho 83642